7th QIAGEN Investigator Forum
About the Forum:
The Investigator Forum offers a unique opportunity for those in the forensic community to come together and engage in international knowledge sharing and global relationship building. This year we have selected the overarching theme of the Forum to be “Sample To Insight”. Throughout the Forum, we will hear why QIAGEN is committed to providing the forensic community with incredible insights worldwide and how those insights improve the lives of millions of people every day.
Our agenda will cover new and emerging technologies to engage you in topics about furthering the direction of forensic DNA analysis.
We will be offering two workshops both half day starting around 1pm with multiple speakers:
- Tissue Identification in Forensics
- Database Workflow Solutions
In addition, renowned international speakers will be presenting on improving workflow efficiencies, maintaining quality in the database workflow, tissue identification in forensics, NGS applications and more!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Walther Parson, Innsbruck Medical University: NGS and mitochondrial DNA
- Brittany Ross, Kentucky State Police: Database management
- Reena Roy, Penn State: Casework direct amp methods
- Bruce McCord, FIU: Tissue source identification
- Dan Watsula, Bode Forensics: Automation of reference samples
- Nikolai Braun, Luna Innovations: Novel swab technology
- James Landers, UVA: Future of microfluidics
- Galina Kulstein, Ulm University: Skeletal remains
Who should attend:
Forensic science thought leaders and innovators from across the globe who wish to share their research and casework experiences and discuss their thoughts on the future directions of forensic DNA analysis.
Why should you attend:
The Forum offers a unique environment to see the latest data from experts in the field using new and existing methodologies, to expose you to insights gained from emerging technologies, and provides an opportunity to have more informal conversations with colleagues from different countries. By providing several hands-on workshop options, we offer guests an exclusive opportunity to learn from others in the field and to experience the newest developments from within QIAGEN